During this comprehensive workshop with a professional artist, you’ll learn how to employ intense observation and creative engagement to make plein air painting a deeply rewarding experience. As you study dramatic spring light in Yosemite Valley, you’ll use color and brushwork to respond quickly and decisively to dynamic conditions. The three-day workshop offers progressive, personalized instruction, plenty of practice time, and the unique opportunity to immerse in one of the world’s most remarkable landscapes. End the week with a deeper appreciation for the natural world, a supercharged sense of creativity and new artwork for your portfolio.
Included with your registration:
- Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with Faith Rumm (8:30 am to approximately 3 pm). Each class builds on the last to develop & fine-tune painting skills. Plus an introductory evening meeting on Thursday, April 9 at 5 pm at the Happy Isles Art & Nature Center.
- Park entry (as needed).
- Four nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (arrive Thursday, April 9 and depart Monday, April 13).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee (arrive Thursday, April 9 and depart Monday, April 13).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option expires 30 days before the program and does not offer a discount. We cannot adjust the dates.
- There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.
- This workshop is for oil painters with previous experience with oil painting en plein air. This workshop is not suitable for beginner artists.
- This workshop involves minimal hiking around Yosemite Valley with little to no elevation gain. Mobility friendly.
- Materials are not included in the registration fee. Please be prepared to bring your own supplies, such as an easel, paper, assorted brushes and pencils. The Happy Isles Art and Nature Center does not sell oil painting supplies. View a suggested packing list.