Create with us
Our art team is here to help guests of all ages and experience levels slow down and connect with nature in a new way. We welcome all Yosemite visitors to turn their unique observations into works of art.
- Daily Art Classes: Join one of our guest instructors — all professional artists — for a hands-on four-hour outdoor art workshop in Yosemite Valley. Please register online by 4 pm Pacific the day before your class.
- Art Retreats: These overnight workshops, formerly called art adventures, give you the chance to spend several days immersed in Yosemite’s natural beauty as you explore a specific art medium and learn from an expert.
- Custom Art Classes: Design a personalized guided art experience for your family or small group.
- Kids’ Art Classes: Join us at Happy Isles for drop-in, nature-themed kids’ art classes from June-August 2022!
- Nature Journaling Workshops: Explore the intersection of art and science in our weekly outdoor nature journaling walks.
- Crafting Classes: In this new program, we’ll explore embroidery, ornament-making and printmaking. Join us at Happy Isles Art & Nature Center in Yosemite Valley from 11 am – 1 pm, Monday through Wednesday, June-August 2022. Crafting workshops are $25 per person, ages 12+. No pre-registration is required and materials are included.
- Paint and Sip: Join us in person at the Yosemite Valley Lodge for our popular wine and paint class, every Friday from May-September 2022!
Click below to view the full lineup of 2022 art offerings, including instructors and pricing. As with all Conservancy programs, your participation in an art class helps support important work in Yosemite.
COVID-19 safety procedures
As always, we’re committed to ensuring the health and safety of our art class participants and instructors. For all art programs, we’re implementing strict safety measures that align with the latest federal, state and local guidelines. At this time, we anticipate that these policies and procedures will remain in place through the 2021 season. If you’re considering joining one of our art programs, please read the following information carefully:
Yosemite-inspired art at home
If you’re still staying safe at home, our latest artistic resources offer inspiration, tools and techniques for recording nature’s beauty, capturing your outdoor experiences and relieving stress — wherever you are. See below for ways to make creativity part of your every day.
- In our Virtual Watercolor Workshops, you’ll learn the painting tips, tricks and techniques you need to tackle difficult subjects.
- Design a personalized, guided art experience for your family or small group — we’re now offering virtual Custom Art Classes!
- Check out our Park Art, From Anywhere blog post for watercolor painting tutorials, kid-friendly crafts, and Yosemite-themed coloring pages.