Be a voice for Yosemite’s future.
ADVISORY CIRCLE OVERVIEW
This pilot program aims to engage and develop the next generation of Conservancy volunteer leadership, ultimately preparing members for potential service on our Council and Board and for leadership roles with other organizations. The Future Leaders Advisory Circle is as a hands-on advisory group that provides important guidance on Conservancy strategies, projects, and programs.
Participating in the Advisory Circle is a fulfilling volunteer experience — and requires a minimal time commitment. We encourage each Future Leader to:
- Share insights and feedback. Discuss and advise on organizational goals and initiatives during periodic regional meetings, as well as at an annual meeting in Yosemite.
- Observe and learn. Spend a year as a non-voting member of a Conservancy Council committee, taking advantage of a unique chance to learn from a subset of our current volunteer leaders.
- Champion the Conservancy. Serve as an organizational ambassador, support special projects and campaigns, and help recruit additional Future Leaders through personal and professional networks.
- Join programs and events. Participate in Conservancy programs in the park, such as volunteer activities and Outdoor Adventures, and in regional and Yosemite-based donor gatherings.
The Advisory Circle values mission-driven service, candid conversations, and a sense of community. Our Future Leaders connect with one another outside of formal meetings to network, discuss ideas, and bond over a shared love of the park.
BECOME A FUTURE LEADER
Serving on the Advisory Circle is a rewarding way to make an immediate impact at the Conservancy while strengthening your leadership skills. If you’re interested in joining, consider these quick details:
- Application process: All candidates are required to complete an application and questionnaire. Applications will be extended on a case-by-case basis after an initial screening is conducted.
- Eligibility: We welcome candidates of all ages, locations, and professional backgrounds, with a preference for those in their early- to mid-career. Applicants should be current leadership-level donors ($1,000+ annual gift).
- Group size: We cap membership at 20 people to ensure everyone has an exceptional experience with ample opportunities for hands-on service and learning.
- Term length: Members commit to an initial two-year term and may renew for additional terms.
- Benefits: Beyond the chance to play a key leadership role, contribute strategic input, and connect with peers, membership benefits include access to Conservancy and park leadership, special communications about Yosemite news and activities, and public recognition in Conservancy materials.
- Future opportunities: Participants may be considered for Conservancy Council membership after their Advisory Circle term(s), as space and organizational needs allow.
Ready to learn more? We’d love to hear from you! For additional information about the Future Leaders Advisory Circle, including details about the application process, please contact Caitlin Allard, Senior Philanthropy Officer, at (415) 989-2848 or [email protected].