Status of Yosemite Conservancy Programs, Services & Donor Events
The Yosemite Conservancy team is actively monitoring developments related to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and we are taking steps to ensure the well-being of our employees and the public. We’ll update this page with information about changes to our programs and operations. In making these decisions, we are following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and local and state health departments.
Yosemite National Park is closed to visitors until further notice. For details, visit the Yosemite National Park site. For information about the National Park Service response to COVID-19, see the NPS Public Health Update.
Our San Francisco and El Portal offices are temporarily closed. Employees are working from home. We will likely be delayed in responding to physical mail and phone messages, but we encourage you to contact us via email. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.
All of our programs in the park are canceled through the end of June. If you are signed up for an upcoming program that has been canceled, we will contacted you directly.
- Yosemite Conservancy Outdoor and Custom Adventures: Canceled through June 30. If you are signed up for an adventure scheduled for after June 30 and have any questions or concerns, or need to cancel your registration, please email our adventures team.
- Yosemite Conservancy Volunteer Programs: Canceled through June 30. If you are signed up to volunteer during the 2020 season and have any questions or concerns, please email our volunteer team.
- Yosemite Conservancy Theater and Art Programs: Canceled through June 30. If you are signed up for an art program after June 30 and have any questions or concerns, or need to cancel your registration, please email our art team.
- Ostrander Ski Hut: Closed. Ostrander Ski Hut closed for the season on March 15. All reservations for March 15 and beyond are being canceled and refunded.
- Yosemite Conservancy Bookstores: Closed. All Yosemite Conservancy bookstores in Yosemite are closed at this time. We are still processing orders made through our online store.
- Wilderness Permits: Open. Our team is processing permit applications for future overnight trips in the Yosemite Wilderness. For information about applying for wilderness permits and to submit an online application, please visit our Wilderness Permits Details page. If you have questions about your 2020 wilderness permit, please use the new wilderness permit contact form to reach us.
We have canceled or postponed the following donor events:
- March 27-29: Spring Gathering (canceled)
- March 28: JMHS Dinner at Spring Gathering (canceled)
- April 22: San Francisco Reception (postponed, new date TBD)
- May 1-3: Spring Colors (canceled)
If we cancel or postpone other events, we’ll share that information here and elsewhere on our site and will contact registered guests.
- Yosemite National Park: https://www.nps.gov/yose/index.htm
- National Park Service: https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/news/public-health-update.htm
- Yosemite Hospitality, LLC (Aramark): https://www.travelyosemite.com/alerts/2020/covid-19-guest-updates/
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Thank you for your patience and support during this challenging time. We’ll update this page as the situation and our plans evolve.