*Yosemite Conservancy has made the difficult decision to cancel this outdoor adventure due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information about our response to COVID-19, please click here.*
Take an artistic journey in an inspiring setting: Yosemite Valley! This three-day workshop with esteemed artist Frank Eber is designed for advanced painters with previous watercolor experience.
Participants will meet each morning, and set off for a day of painting en plein air, using transparent and opaque watercolor to create atmospheric landscapes that reflect the nuances of light, time and season. Each day, your instructor will build upon the prior day’s lessons, offering guidance and inspiration as you hone your craft.
As you observe and paint the forms, colors and textures of spring in Yosemite — green meadows, gleaming granite, rushing water — you’ll get to capture the experience of spending three full days immersed in one of the world’s most remarkable landscapes, all while learning new techniques that you can take with you as you continue your creative journey.
Included with your registration:
- Three days of progressive learning and plein-air painting with artist Frank Eber (8:30 am to approximately 3 pm each day) Plus an introductory evening meeting on Tuesday, May 12 at 5 pm at the Happy Isles Art & Nature Center.
- Park entry (as needed).
- Four nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (arrive Tuesday, May 12 and depart Saturday, May 16).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee (arrive Tuesday, May 12 and depart Saturday, May 16).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option expires 30 days before the program and does not offer a discount. We cannot adjust the dates.
- There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.
- This workshop is for advanced watercolor painters, and is not suitable for beginners. (Suggested experience: 80+ hours of prior instructed watercolor classes.)
- This workshop involves minimal hiking around Yosemite Valley with little to no elevation gain. Mobility friendly.
- Materials are not included in the registration fee. Please be prepared to bring your own supplies, such as an easel, paper, assorted brushes and pencils. View a suggested packing list.