Capture your impressions of Yosemite in a field journal. With lightweight, simple materials to carry outdoors, record your observations in pen and ink, pencil, and watercolors. Fill your pages with a series of explorations that combine your writing and imagery. Learn step-by-step methods to design your sketch layouts in ways that enhance your story. Draw inspiration from the textures, colors, and light of the fall season. Slow down, see nature’s brilliant creativity, savor its detail, and record it in ways that will continue to inspire you long after your trip. Your sketchbook journal will be an artful record of your journey in Yosemite.
Included with your registration:
- Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with Janet Takahashi (9 am to approximately 3 pm), plus an introductory meeting on Tuesday, Oct 6 at 5 p.m at the Happy Isles Art & Nature Center.
- Park entry (as needed).
- Four nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (arrive Tuesday, October 6 and depart Saturday, October 10).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Yosemite Lodge for an additional fee (arrive Tuesday, October 6 and depart Saturday, October 10).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option expires 30 days before the program and does not offer a discount. We cannot adjust the dates.
- There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.
- This workshop involves minimal hiking around Yosemite Valley with little to no elevation gain. Mobility friendly.
- Materials are not included in the registration fee. Please be prepared to bring your own supplies, such as an easel, paper, assorted brushes and pencils. View a suggested packing list.