Calling all history buffs, climbers and earth-science enthusiasts! Join us for a tour of Yosemite Valley, one of the world’s most fascinating geologic wonders and the cradle of modern-day rock-climbing.
On this weekend adventure, you’ll get an up-close look at the famous features that have long inspired and shaped the climbing world. After a Saturday-evening presentation, you’ll spend Sunday on a guided day hike in the Valley. Find out why climbers from around the globe travel to Yosemite to test their skill and grit on the granite cliffs, and use telescopes to zoom in on routes and see climbers in action. Learn about world-famous formations such as El Capitan and Half Dome, as well as lesser-known climbing and bouldering spots.
Throughout the weekend, you’ll explore the geology and ecology of the park’s vertical wilderness, as well as the past, present and future of Yosemite climbing, learning about historical milestones, the development techniques and gear, and the evolution of climbing-focused ethics and environmental conservation. You’ll also have the chance to talk to Ken Yager, president of the Yosemite Climbing Association, about his work to establish Camp 4 as a historic site, his contributions to local museums, and his efforts to promote stewardship in the climbing community, including through the annual Yosemite Facelift.
Included with your registration:
- An evening slideshow presentation near Yosemite Village (6 pm to 8 pm on Saturday, October 3) and one full day of guided hiking around Yosemite Valley (9 am to approximately 4 pm on Sunday, October 4).
- Park entry (as needed).
- Two nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (arrive Saturday, October 3 and depart Monday, October 5).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. We cannot adjust the dates. The sites are shared. Tents only.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Curry Village for an additional fee (arrive Saturday, October 3 and depart Monday, October 5).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Curry Village will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option to upgrade expires 30 days before the start of the program. We cannot adjust the dates and the option does not offer a discount.
Note: There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.