Join us for a one-of-a-kind Halloween adventure: an entertaining and educational evening at an iconic viewpoint off Glacier Point Road!
Start off the night with appetizers and refreshments (not just fun-size candy bars, we promise) while mingling with fellow Yosemite-lovers near the Taft Point trailhead. After the meal, take an easy mile-long hike to Taft Point, which offers breathtaking views of Yosemite Valley, including Half Dome and El Capitan, and of Sierra peaks stretching into the distance.
You’ll get to admire Yosemite from above, while taking advantage of the perfect moon-gazing setting. Your naturalist guide will whet your intellectual appetite with information about the area’s natural and human history, from the point’s presidential name to the giant fissures gouged out of granite … and you might even spot some bats, or hear a ghost story or two.
After getting your fill of fun, facts and skygazing, hike back out to the trailhead under the full moon. Be sure to bring your camera and curiosity — and Halloween costumes are welcome, as long as they’re trail-friendly!
Included with your registration:
- An evening hike with refreshments (4 pm to approximately 10 pm). Meet at the Taft Point trailhead on the Glacier Point Road.
- Park entry (as needed).
- Two nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground, if needed (arrive Friday, October 30 and depart Sunday, November 1).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Wawona Hotel for an additional fee (arrive Friday, October 30 and depart Sunday, November 1).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option to upgrade expires 30 days before the program. We cannot adjust the dates.
Note: There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.
Participants should be prepared for hiking after dark on uneven terrain.