Join us to learn about the unintended but significant impacts humans can have on parks and public lands — and how to minimize them. Leave No Trace (LNT) teaches people of all ages how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly, ensure the long-term health of our wild spaces and educate others. Join Yosemite’s first LNT master for a one-night backpacking trek not far from Yosemite Valley. As you hike and camp in a stunning setting, you’ll get to discuss and share LNT practices for trip planning, cooking, disposing of waste and more. Successful participants will become certified LNT trainers, ready to model best practices and train others in minimum-footprint outdoor fun.
Included with your registration:
- Two-day guided backpacking adventure (12pm on Thursday to approximately 4 pm on Friday).
- Park entry (as needed).
- Bear-canister rental and Wilderness permit.
- LNT trainer certification.
- Two nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground or Backpackers Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (available Wednesday, March 25 and Friday, March 27).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Yosemite Lodge for an additional fee (available Wednesday, March 25 and Friday, March 27).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option expires 30 days before the program and does not offer a discount. We cannot adjust the dates.
Note: There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.