Art Retreat: Watercolor Painting: Autumn brings soft light and warm colors to Yosemite Valley. Join professional artist Steve Curl to welcome the golden leaves and grasses of fall and spend a long weekend capturing the park’s seasonal scenery in watercolor.
Over the course of three days, you’ll sharpen your artistic skills as you practice creating a balanced composition, capturing shifting lights and shadows, and using layers of color to build a scene. You’ll end the weekend with a fresh perspective on Yosemite, fresh artwork to take home, and a new suite of tips and techniques to draw on as you continue exploring the world of watercolor.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- When: October 4 through October 7
- Where: Yosemite Valley
- Hiking: The group will paint at different locations throughout the retreat; please be prepared to walk 1-3 miles/day, as not all locations will be accessible by car.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Steve Curl, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping shared amongst participants October 4 – October 8 in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a hotel room at Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee.
- There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Yosemite Valley Lodge will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants in our group campsite; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
- Due to the shared nature of our group sites, we are unable to accommodate RVs or campers. If you desire a private campsite, have an RV/camper, or want to sleep in your car, you must arrange for your own camping reservation.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.