This fun paint class for beginning and continuing students offers participants an opportunity to see Yosemite through an artist’s eyes. You’ll start with the basics of how to use your brushes and paints to create different shapes and colors. After practicing the fundamentals, you’ll put your new skills to work en plein air and to bring a spring scene to life. Using the magnificent Yosemite Valley landscape as inspiration, you’ll learn to slow down, observe your surroundings, then translate what you see into a watercolor painting. You’ll end the class with a fresh perspective on Yosemite, your own work of art and the skills to keep exploring the world of watercolor.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, or purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.