Beginning artists and experienced painters alike will enjoy this summer day of watercolor painting in Yosemite Valley. With guidance from artist Grace Fong, you’ll learn how to use watercolor materials and techniques to create a composition inspired by your experience in the park. Whether you want to depict flowing water, granite walls, green leaves or historic bridges, you’ll be able to immerse in your surroundings, observe details of color, shape, light and texture, and capture a memorable Sierra moment.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.