Immersed in the inspiring landscape of Yosemite Valley, you will spend three days sketching and exploring the rich history of the park’s iconic buildings using line and watercolor. Your instructor, artist Janet Takahashi, will share quick and simple perspective techniques in a guided, step-by-step format. Participants will rely on basic watercolor and journaling skills to record and capture Yosemite’s built environment in your art journal.
Know Before You Go:
- Experience level: Intermediate to advanced. This workshop is for watercolor painters with previous experience. This workshop is not suitable for beginner artists.
- Hiking: The group will paint at different locations throughout the workshop; be prepared to walk 1-3 miles/day as not all locations will be accessible by car.
- When: October 11 (evening) through 14, 2022
- Where: Yosemite Valley
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Janet Takahashi, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping in Yosemite Valley (October 11, 12, 13 and 14), or upgrade to a hotel room at Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee. Please note:
- There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Yosemite Valley Lodge will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.