Capture your impressions of Yosemite in your field journal. We will further enrich your sketchbook as you record your observations in pencil, ink and watercolor paint. Gain inspiration from the colors, texture, and light of the season. Enhance your imagery with journaling. Slow down, see nature’s brilliant creativity, savor its detail, and record it in ways that will continue to inspire you long after your trip.
Join us to learn journaling techniques as well as drawing and watercolor skills. This class is open to all artists, whether you are just starting out or you are an experienced travel and nature journalist.
Some drawing and painting experience is helpful for this art retreat, but all levels are welcome. If you’re not sure if this workshop is the right fit for you, get in touch, we’re happy to help!
Know Before You Go:
- When: October 5 through October 8
- Where: Yosemite Valley
- Hiking: the group will paint at different locations throughout the day; be prepared to walk 1-3 miles/day as not all locations will be accessible by car.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Janet Takahashi, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping October 5 through October 9 in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a hotel room at Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee.
- Please note: There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Yosemite Valley Lodge will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Please note: Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.