Spring brings bright light and colors to Yosemite Valley. Join professional artist Steve Curl to welcome back the waterfalls and spend a long weekend capturing the park’s seasonal scenery in watercolor.
Over the course of three days, you’ll sharpen your artistic skills as you practice creating a balanced composition, capturing shifting lights and shadows, and using layers of color to build a scene. You’ll end the weekend with a fresh perspective on Yosemite, fresh artwork to take home, and a new suite of tips and techniques to draw on as you continue exploring the world of watercolor.
Know Before You Go:
- Experience level: Intermediate to advanced. This workshop is for watercolor painters with previous experience. This workshop is not suitable for beginner artists.
- When: May 19 (evening) through May 22.
- Where: Yosemite Valley.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Steve Curl, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping May 19 through May 23 in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a hotel room at Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee.
- Please note: There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Yosemite Valley Lodge will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Please note: Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.