In this multi-day art workshop, you’ll create sketches and paintings of Yosemite’s natural wonders, all while learning about shapes, colors, light direction and seasonal change, expanding your painting skills and giving you a broader understanding of place.
Students will learn skills, allowing them to find their own style and express themselves. Our approach will be relaxed and un-fussy, beginning with loose and quick pencil drawings to establish the major masses, then applying watercolor to define the areas of color. To intermediate students, this class offers a fun experience with many basic tips and techniques for capturing each element of landscape. Experienced students will expand their painting skills, and the instructor will assist them in refining their own style.
Know Before You Go:
- Experience level: Intermediate to advanced. This workshop is for watercolor painters with previous experience. This workshop is not suitable for beginner artists.
- When: June 16 through June 19.
- Where: Yosemite Valley.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Molly Hashimoto, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping June 16 through June 20 in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a Curry Village Tent Cabin for an additional fee.
- Please note: There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Curry Village will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Please note: Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.