Create with us
Our art team is here to help guests of all ages and experience levels slow down and connect with nature in a new way. We welcome all Yosemite visitors to turn their unique observations into works of art.
Planning a late spring or summer trip? When Yosemite’s 2022 peak hours reservation system is in effect (May 20-September 30), your Conservancy program registration (for an Outdoor Adventure, Custom Adventure or art program) includes park entry for the duration of your program — no separate peak hours reservation required! If you plan to visit the park on days other than when your Conservancy program is scheduled, you’ll need to book a separate peak hours or overnight reservation (while the system is in place).
- Daily Art Classes: Join one of our guest instructors — all professional artists — for a hands-on, four-hour outdoor art workshop in Yosemite Valley. Browse all 2022 daily art classes on the event calendar at the bottom of this page. Please register online by 4 pm Pacific the day before your daily art class.
- Art Retreats: These overnight workshops, formerly called art adventures, give you the chance to spend several days immersed in Yosemite’s natural beauty as you explore a specific art medium and learn from an expert. Browse all 2022 art retreats on the event calendar at the bottom of this page.
- Custom Art Classes: Design a personalized guided art experience for your family or small group.
- Kids’ Art Classes: Join us at Happy Isles for drop-in, nature-themed kids’ art classes from Monday through Thursday in June and July 2022!
- Nature Journaling Workshops: Explore the intersection of art and science in our weekly outdoor nature journaling walks, which will take place at 11 am every Thursday from June-August 2022.
- Paint and Sip: Join us in person at the Yosemite Valley Lodge for our popular wine and paint class, every Friday from May-September 2022!
Click below to view the full lineup of 2022 art offerings, including instructors and pricing. As with all Conservancy programs, your participation in an art class helps support important work in Yosemite.
COVID-19 safety procedures
As always, we’re committed to ensuring the health and safety of our art class participants and instructors. For all art programs, we’re implementing strict safety measures that align with the latest federal, state and local guidelines. At this time, we anticipate that these policies and procedures will remain in place through the 2022 season. If you’re considering joining one of our art programs, please read the following information carefully:
Yosemite-inspired art at home
If you’re still staying safe at home, our latest artistic resources offer inspiration, tools and techniques for recording nature’s beauty, capturing your outdoor experiences and relieving stress — wherever you are. See below for ways to make creativity part of your every day.
- In our Virtual Watercolor Workshops, you’ll learn the painting tips, tricks and techniques you need to tackle difficult subjects.
- Design a personalized, guided art experience for your family or small group — we’re now offering virtual Custom Art Classes!
- Check out our Park Art, From Anywhere blog post for watercolor painting tutorials, kid-friendly crafts, and Yosemite-themed coloring pages.