Enjoy a guided winter experience in one of the world’s natural wonders: the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. While you snowshoe among the towering trees, you’ll experience a serene, awe-inspiring setting that was recently restored through a major, multiyear project.
As you explore, you’ll learn about the many animals that live in or pass through the grove, including owls, deer, woodpeckers and Pacific fishers. Enjoy the quiet that descends on the forest in winter, as you look for signs of wildlife that stay active year-round, learn how the Sierra Nevada snowpack helps the sequoia ecosystem thrive, and hear the stories behind some of the grove’s most famous trees, such as the Grizzly Giant.
Included with your registration:
- A full-day guided snowshoe adventure (9 am to approximately 4 pm).
- Park entry (as needed).
- Snowshoe rental (as needed).
- Two nights of tent camping at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (arrive Friday, January 31 and depart Sunday, February 2).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee (arrive Friday, January 31 and depart Sunday, February 2).
- Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option expires 30 days before the program and does not offer a discount. We cannot adjust the dates.
Note: There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites.