Program Overview: Experience the peaceful beauty of winter in Yosemite Valley. Depending on conditions, you’ll either hike or snowshoe along the Valley Loop Trail at a relaxed pace, observing how the cold has transformed your favorite granite features. You’ll learn about the diverse animals who reside in the Valley year-round and how they survive the harsh climate.
Know Before You Go
- When: Saturday, January 30, 9 am to around 3 pm.
- Where: Yosemite Valley (The exact route will be chosen based on trail and weather conditions leading up to the program.)
- Registration includes: Guided day program, park entry (as needed), snowshoe rental (as needed), and two nights of tent camping at a shared group site in Yosemite Valley (January 29 and 30). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass, snowshoes or campsite.
- Lodging options: Tent camping (included), or upgrade to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee. Camping and lodging dates cannot be adjusted. The upgrade option expires 30 days before the program.
- Experience level: No experience necessary!
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. For example, participants will hike single-file and keep moving to avoid crowding the trail, and instructors will stop to offer interpretation only when there is ample space to stay at least six feet apart. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.