Slow down and observe the small, beautiful details in the world around you. In this creative workshop, you’ll gain the skills to plan and paint a dynamic landscape scene. With guidance from your instructor, artist Rachel Fisher, you’ll explore how to mix paints, create compositions, simplify landscapes and paint skies.
This workshop is perfect for beginning artists. Start with the basics, and let nature inspire you as you join Fisher and fellow artists for a fun day of painting outside. As you build skills and work toward creating your own piece of art, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the meditative nature of putting watercolor to paper.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.