Take a rewarding and intentional excursion into the art of watercolor painting with esteemed artist and educator Robert Dvorak. This four-hour class is for beginners with a serious interest in developing the skills to create high-quality paintings.
As Robert explains, drawing and painting prompt people to focus on the creative process, activate powers of observation beyond those required to snap and save a photo with a smartphone, and internalize experiences.
With his guidance, you’ll learn how to set intentions for your artwork, and explore watercolor techniques to bring scenes to life on paper. After a day of instruction, practice and painting, you’ll end the class feeling refreshed, inspired and well-prepared to continue honing your craft.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.