Winter is a special season in Yosemite’s Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. With the park’s busy season long over, an extra layer of tranquility descends over the forest. On this guided adventure, you’ll get to experience winter in the grove in the company of an expert naturalist. Depending on conditions, you’ll snowshoe or hike — either way, you’ll get an intimate look at the ecosystem that supports giant sequoias, the world’s most massive living trees. As you learn about the recent project to restore Mariposa Grove, gaze up at the canopy, and listen for the bird life that lives among the ancient trees, you’ll forge a deep, unique connection with the place that helped inspire the national park idea.
Included with your registration:
- A full-day guided hike or snowshoe adventure (9 am to approximately 4 pm).
- Park entry (as needed).
- Snowshoe rental (as needed).
- Two nights of shared tent camping at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, if needed (arrive Friday, December 18 and depart Monday, December 20).
- Note: Our limited camping sites are for participants only. We cannot adjust the dates. The sites are shared. Tents only.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee (arrive Friday, December 18 and depart Monday, December 20).
- Note: There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Yosemite Valley Lodge will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option to upgrade expires 30 days before the start of the program. We cannot adjust the dates and the option does not offer a discount.
Not included: Meals or transportation.