*Yosemite Conservancy has made the difficult decision to cancel this art program due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information about our response to COVID-19, please click here.*
Looking to learn watercolor basics? Curious about how to capture the curves and playful light of flowing water, or how to mix a series of greens that do justice to the verdure of Yosemite’s spring leaves and meadows? This class is for you!
In this four-hour class, artist Jennifer Bentson takes an individualized approach to teaching watercolor. Whether you’re looking for general tips or have specific questions, she’ll tailor her instruction to your level and needs, and she will guide you through a day of learning and practicing techniques that will help you achieve results on paper. As you paint specific scenes and subjects, you’ll also have plenty of time to observe and find inspiration in the class’ magnificent setting: Yosemite Valley.
- Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. Park at Curry Village, and take the shuttle (shuttle stop #16). Workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am–2 pm, Monday–Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies, and plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Supply lists are sent to registered participants once payment is received. Additional supplies are available for purchase at Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. All purchases benefit the park! Materials available for use free of charge: field easel, field stool, hardboard, water containers and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.