*Yosemite Conservancy has made the difficult decision to cancel this art program due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information about our response to COVID-19, please click here.*
During this fun outdoor painting class in Yosemite Valley, instructor Jo-Neal Graves will introduce you to the fundamentals of watercolor, from setting up materials and mixing paints, to selecting a subject and creating a pleasing composition. Spend a relaxing day immersed in the magnificent scenery, using the techniques you learn to capture the landscape, as the Valley transitions from winter to spring. With tips and encouragement from Graves, you’ll end the class feeling inspired and well-equipped to keep painting — and noticing the natural beauty in the world around you — long after you leave the park.
- Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. Park at Curry Village, and take the shuttle (shuttle stop #16). Workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am–2 pm, Monday–Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies, and plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Supply lists are sent to registered participants once payment is received. Additional supplies are available for purchase at Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. All purchases benefit the park! Materials available for use free of charge: field easel, field stool, hardboard, water containers and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.