No art experience? No problem! This mosaic class is ideal for beginners.
Over the course of four hours, artist Denise Davidson will guide you through the process of designing and creating your own mosaic artwork. You’ll explore the different types of glass and ceramics used in mosaics, and you’ll learn to attach them to a “substrate,” or surface, to create your final design.
Once you have the basics, you’ll choose a design template inspired by Yosemite’s natural beauty and build out your mosaic creation. Bring your piece home as a memento from your time in the park!
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $40 per day per visitor (includes materials and supplies). Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this mosaic class are included in the registration fee.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.