Please note: this event has been cancelled.
Join artist and biologist Anna Calderon to explore Yosemite ecology as you learn the basics of watercolor painting. Beginners and experienced artists alike will deepen their understanding of color mixing and watercolor washes, and you’ll learn Anna’s tips for creating a compact watercolor kit for hiking and backpacking. With Yosemite’s plethora of plants, elusive wildlife, and captivating granite cathedrals as your inspiring backdrop, you’ll have the chance to practice your new or growing watercolor skills and create a work of art to memorialize your time in the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $20 per day per visitor; advance registration required, please register at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center; shuttle stops #5 and #9; workshops are held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am to purchase supplies. Please plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. When registering you can select whether you would like to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rental and supplies purchases benefit the park! Materials available for use free of charge: field easel, field stool, hardboard, water containers and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.