On this full-day adventure, you’ll join fellow Yosemite-lovers for a high-elevation hike in the Tuolumne Meadows area. Perfect for first-time high country visitors, you’ll learn about alpine ecology, wildlife and geology; revel in the majestic views of mountains, meadows and lakes; and hear insider tips for your future travels in this quiet part of the park. For an extra fun day, be sure to bring your curiosity and ask questions about the unique high-alpine environment — see if you can stump your guide!
Included with your registration:
- A full-day guided hike in the High Sierra (8 am to approximately 4 pm).
- Park entry (as needed).
- Two nights of shared tent camping at Tuolumne Meadows Campground, as needed (arrive Thursday, August 13 and depart Saturday, August 15).
- Our limited camping sites are for participants only. The sites are shared. Tents only. We cannot adjust the dates.
- Option to upgrade accommodations to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge (arrive Thursday, August 13 and depart Saturday, August 15).
- Note: There is no discount if you choose not to use our gate pass or campsites. Information about upgrading your accommodations will be emailed to you after you sign up. The option expires 30 days before the program and does not offer a discount. We cannot adjust the dates.
Please note: Participants must be physically fit and comfortable hiking at high elevations. This adventure will require 6-8 miles of hiking round-trip.