Express what you love about Yosemite through art! In this day of sketching and painting in the park, you’ll enjoy stunning views of Yosemite Valley while learning basic techniques that will help you on your artistic path.
This class offers an introduction to basic art techniques you can pick up and take with you on any outdoor adventure. Your instructor, artist Danielle Jolette, will go over a few simple techniques to create illustrations quickly in the field, using materials that are compact and easy to fit in your day pack. No matter how much art experience you have, you’ll find the skills and techniques featured in this workshop easy to implement and a valuable addition to your artistic tool kit.
- Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. Park at Curry Village, and take the shuttle (shuttle stop #16). Workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am–2 pm, Monday–Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies, and plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Supply lists are sent to registered participants once payment is received. Additional supplies are available for purchase at Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. All purchases benefit the park! Materials available for use free of charge: field easel, field stool, hardboard, water containers and paper towels.
● Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants