In this hands-on art class, you’ll combine two fun artistic techniques to celebrate late-spring scenery in Yosemite Valley. Artist Sue Fierston will kick off the class by teaching you to draw and paint Yosemite’s leaves in watercolor. After creating several leaf paintings on watercolor paper, you’ll practice printing Sierra leaves on soft paper using basic printmaking techniques. Create several designs using the colorful ink, and take home multiple frame-worthy leaf prints and paintings from your day of art in the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a supply kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.