Program Overview: Deepen your connection to Yosemite by donating your time and talents to help the park. During this Stewardship weekend, you will donate your time working on a stewardship project for the National Park Service on your first day, then enjoy a naturalist led hike the following day.
Projects have varying fitness levels and often requiring physically demanding work. We will update the website with the project description at a later date. Different options include working with the Trails Crew or Vegetation and Ecological Restoration branch of NPS.
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Friday, August 16 to Saturday, August 17 8:30 am-4 pm each day.
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: Two full days of instruction; one day working on a facilitated stewardship project with the National Park Service, one full day hike with a Yosemite Naturalist, then one free day to enjoy the park (August 18), park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on August 15 after 12pm and depart August 19 by 11am. There are three shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: White Wolf
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
*This two-day program includes four nights of camping. Make the most your trip by enjoying an extra free day, August 18th, to explore on your own.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.