Program Overview: Did you know there are more species of woodpeckers in Yosemite than in any comparable area in the United States? During this guided day program, you’ll travel to different elevations in the park with an experienced naturalist and fellow participants to both look for and learn about the park’s diverse woodpeckers. With limited foliage and no distraction from summer songbirds, October is a perfect time to spot and hear Yosemite’s woodpeckers as you enjoy a day of relaxed walking in and around the park.
Know Before You Go:
- Program date: Saturday, October 28, 9am-5pm
- Program location: Starting in Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: One full day of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on October 27 after 12pm and depart October 29 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: Upgrade to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details on using our Group Code will be emailed to you immediately after registering.
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.