Program Overview: Did you know there are more species of woodpeckers in Yosemite than in any comparable area in the United States? During this guided day program, you’ll travel to different elevations in the park with an experienced naturalist and fellow participants to look for and learn about the park’s diverse woodpeckers. With limited foliage and no distraction from summer songbirds, November is a perfect time to spot and hear Yosemite’s woodpeckers as you enjoy a day of relaxed hiking in and around the Valley.
Know Before You Go
- When: Saturday, November 12 from 8:30 am to around 4:30 pm.
- Where: Yosemite Valley and surrounding areas
- Registration includes: Guided day program, park entry (as needed), and two nights of tent camping at a shared campsite in Yosemite Valley (November 11 and 12). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Lodging: Tent camping (included), or upgrade to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee. Camping and lodging dates cannot be adjusted. The upgrade option expires 30 days before the program. Lodging information will be sent immediately after registering.
- Experience level: No experience necessary!
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.