Art Retreat: Adventure Sketching with Ink and Watercolor
During this three-day workshop, you will explore the vicinity of Yosemite Valley through pen and watercolor sketches. You’ll learn how to capture your outdoor experiences in a sketchbook and walk away inspired for future adventures.
Your instructor will share her love of the outdoors and support you in building confidence to create art in wilderness settings! This retreat will help you build the skills to make detailed pen drawings with minimal watercolor washes on top. Over the course of three days, Rachel Fisher will guide you through the process of creating and maintaining a travel sketchbook, offering ideas for how to choose what to sketch, simple drawing techniques, and more. This class is for anyone who wants to explore sketching and painting outdoors — you don’t need to be an experienced artist, just come ready to experiment!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- When: July 20 through July 23
- Where: Yosemite Valley
- Hiking: The group will paint at different locations throughout the retreat; please be prepared to walk 1-3 miles/day, as not all locations will be accessible by car.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Rachel Fisher, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping shared amongst participants July 20 – July 24 in Upper Pines Campground, or upgrade to a tent cabin at Curry Village for an additional fee.
- There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Curry Village will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants in our group campsite; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
- Due to the shared nature of our group sites, we are unable to accommodate RVs or campers. If you desire a private campsite, have an RV/camper, or want to sleep in your car, you must arrange for your own camping reservation.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.