Reservations are required for everyone through September 30
A reservation is your ticket to the unparalleled beauty of Yosemite this summer season. Reserve now to lock in your entrance to the park, guaranteeing your trip to this majestic natural landscape.
This season is going to be another busy one, and numerous key visitor attractions will be closed for critical infrastructure repairs. So, our National Park Service partners are instituting a peak-hours reservation system May 20 through September 30, 2022.
The new system ensures that the park is never “closed” and those without reservations can still access the park if they enter before 6 am or after 4 pm. It will also help manage congestion; ensure the safety of visitors, staff, and residents; and promote an enjoyable park experience.
A reservation will be required to drive into or through Yosemite National Park from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day.
Reservations are required:
- May 20 to September 30 from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Reservations are required during these dates and hours even for those driving through the park.
Under the new system, visitors will need one of the following (along with the standard entry fee or your lifetime or annual pass) to enter Yosemite during peak hours (6 a.m. to 4 p.m.) seven days a week:
- Wilderness or Half Dome permit
- Camping reservation within the park
- Lodging or vacation rental in Wawona, Yosemite West, or Foresta*
- Qualified program registration with Yosemite Conservancy or other park partners
- Seat on a regional transit or tour bus
- Peak-hours reservation
*Reservations for lodging or vacation rentals outside the park and in communities other than these three do not provide a reservation for entry to Yosemite.
Yosemite National Park is releasing reservations in two separate waves.
- Full season: 70 percent of the total reservations for the summer were released on March 23 and are available online on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One-week out: 30 percent of reservations will be available seven days before the arrival date. These reservations are released on a rolling basis seven days prior to arrival dates.
- Rolling reservations are available each day at 8 a.m. Pacific time. Reservations are taken almost immediately. Be sure to have a gov account and be logged in and ready to get a reservation promptly at 8 a.m. Pacific daylight time.