Program Overview: Experience Yosemite with all five of your senses during two days of meditative and relaxing programming.
Each morning, enjoy Forest Bathing in Yosemite’s majestic forests and meadows — this is not “bathing” in the literal sense. Instead, imagine a beautiful feeling of inter-connectedness experienced by slowing down, mindfully tuning into your senses, and immersing yourself in nature’s peace amid the awe-inspiring beauty of Yosemite.
Nature or Forest Bathing is inspired by the Japanese art of Shinrin-yoku (bathing in the atmosphere of the forest). During this practice you will slow down, relax, release, and awaken your senses on a fully-focused mind-body walk. Your love for and connection to Yosemite will bloom!
Your instructor, Dan Webster, is an experienced naturalist and ANFT (Association for Nature and Forest Therapy) certified Forest Therapy guide. Dan joyfully facilitates safe, gentle walks by offering ‘invitations’ that allow participants to experience sensory-opening activities that are at once unique and shared within a supportive community environment.
On Sunday evening, enjoy a buffet-style al fresco meal before taking an easy mile-long hike to Taft Point. Here you’ll see breathtaking views of Yosemite Valley, including Yosemite Falls and El Capitan, and of Sierra peaks stretching into the distance. As you admire Yosemite from above and take advantage of the perfect stargazing setting, your naturalist guide will wet your intellectual appetite with information about the area’s natural and human history, from the point’s presidential name to the giant fissures gouged out of granite.
After getting your fill of food, facts, and stargazing, hike back out under the light of a full moon. Don’t forget to bring your camera — and your curiosity!
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Sunday, July 2 from 8:30 am – 12 pm and 5 pm – 10 pm; Monday, July 3 from 8:30 am – 12 pm.
- Program location: Yosemite Valley and Taft Point (off the Glacier Point Road)
- What’s included: Two partial days of guided instruction, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on July 1 after 12 pm and must depart July 4 by 11 am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: No upgrades available for this program
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program (heavy appetizers are provided on Sunday evening only).
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.