Yosemite Rx: The Healing Power of Forest Bathing and Yoga
Program Overview: Immerse yourself in Yosemite’s beauty while connecting to the environment during two days of yoga and Forest Bathing in Yosemite’s majestic forests and meadows! Not ‘bathing’ in the literal sense, instead, imagine having a beautiful experience of nature-connectedness by slowing down, mindfully tuning into your senses, and immersing yourself in nature’s peace in the awe inspiring beauty of Yosemite.
Each day will start with sunrise yoga in Yosemite Valley with an experienced yoga instructor from Balanced Rock. You’ll break for breakfast on your own before experiencing the solitude of nature with Dan Webster. Nature, or Forest Bathing is rooted in the ancient human knowledge of nature-oneness, and inspired by the Japanese art of Shinrin-yoku (bathing in the atmosphere of the forest). In this practice you will slow down, relax, release, and awaken your senses on a fully-focused mind-body walk. Your love for and connection to Yosemite will bloom!
Your instructor is Dan Webster, an experienced naturalist and ANFT (Association for Nature and Forest Therapy) certified Forest Therapy guide. Dan joyfully facilitates safe, gentle walks by offering ‘invitations’ that allow participants to experience sensory opening activities that are at once unique and also shared within a supportive community environment.
Know Before You Go:
- Program date: Saturday, July 29 through Sunday, July 30. Sunrise Yoga begins at 6am followed by Forest Therapy that concludes at 2pm.
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: Two mornings of guided yoga by a Balanced Rock Yoga Instructor, and two partial days of guided instruction by a Forest Therapy Guide, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on July 28 after 12pm and depart July 31 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: Upgrade to Curry Village for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details on using our Group Code will be emailed to you immediately after you register.
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.