Program Overview: Join us on an excursion to two clusters of crystalline backcountry lakes separated by a narrow ridge of alpine granite, Ten Lakes and Grant Lakes. Surrounded by a sea of granite and situated close to the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne. Hike alongside an experienced naturalist guide on this 7-mile trek through picturesque high country terrain and make base camp at Grant Lake for two nights. On your layover day, take a day hike around the Ten Lakes basin, bring your fishing pole and CA fishing license! Learn about the flora and fauna of the area along with the rich natural history. All the while gazing over the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne River.
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Thursday, August 10, evening meeting 7:30pm-9pm. Start hike at 8:30am Friday, August 11 and exit Sunday, August 13 by 4pm.
- Program location: Trailhead starts along Hwy 120 part way to Tuolumne Meadows, take the Ten Lakes Trail north of Hwy 120 to Grant Lakes to camp overnight.
- What’s included: An evening meeting, three full days of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on August 10 after 12pm and must depart August 11. After the backpack, participants can arrive on August 13 after 12pm and depart, August 14 by 11am. There are three shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: White Wolf
- Experience level: All levels welcome, must be physically fit to walk at high elevation with a backpack.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.