Intimidated by painting, but eager to tap into your creative side? This is the workshop for you. Your instructor will teach you a new method of transforming your love for Yosemite into a work of art — and a souvenir of your summer visit. Students will learn how to craft a Yosemite landscape from miscellaneous objects, paper and ribbons. This unique class will teach students techniques to replicate their favorite Yosemite scenes by layering colored paper and other found objects to sculpt a landscape.
- Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $30 per day per visitor; advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. Park at Curry Village, and take the shuttle (shuttle stop #16). Workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am–2 pm, Monday–Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies, and plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are included in the registration fee due to the unique nature of the materials required.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.