No art experience? No problem! This Happy Isles–based mosaic class is ideal for beginners.
Over the course of four hours, artist Denise Davidson will guide you through the process of designing and creating your own mosaic artwork. You’ll explore different types of glass used in mosaics, and you’ll learn to use special tools to shape glass into individual tiles or pieces, called tesserae.
Once you have the basics, you’ll choose a design template inspired by Yosemite’s natural beauty and build out your mosaic creation. Bring your piece home as a memento from your time in the park — and reminder of a fun artistic journey!
- Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $40 per day per visitor (includes materials and supplies). Advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. Park at Curry Village, and take the shuttle (shuttle stop #16). Workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am–2 pm, Monday–Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies, and plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies for this mosaic class are included in the registration fee.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.