Slow down and observe the small, beautiful details in the world around you. In this creative workshop, you’ll gain the skills to plan and paint a dynamic landscape scene. With guidance from your instructor, artist Rachel Fisher, you’ll explore how to mix paints, create compositions, simplify landscapes and paint skies.
This workshop is perfect for beginning artists. Start with the basics, and let nature inspire you as you join Fisher and fellow artists for a fun day of painting outside. As you build skills and work toward creating your own piece of art, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the meditative nature of putting watercolor to paper.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop #16).
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.