Beginning artists and experienced painters alike will enjoy a spring day spent painting with watercolor in Yosemite Valley. With guidance from artist Grace Fong, you’ll learn how to use watercolor materials and techniques to create a composition inspired by your experience in the park. Whether you want to depict flowing water, granite walls, green leaves or historic bridges, you’ll be able to immerse in your surroundings, observe details of color, shape, light and texture, and capture a memorable Sierra moment.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, or purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.