Nature journaling is an accessible and meaningful way to connect to a place — in a nature journaling art class, everyone is an artist. In this workshop, students will learn to observe their surroundings in Yosemite, from the big dramatic rocks to the small plant life that surrounds them. Artist Casondra Cunningham will share basic nature journaling skills and lead the class through engaging exercises. Students will use watercolor paints to bring their journals to life. Each student will start their own journal, and be ready to take it out on their next adventure!
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, or purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.