Demystify drawing in this travel journaling class with artist Kelvin Nguyen. Using simple supplies, pen and marker, students will learn quick drawing techniques in a travel journal. The class will explore how to quickly draw rocks, plants, people, and wildlife to help students create a journal that communicates their experiences in Yosemite. Drawing can help us remember our experiences and enrich the experience as we are living it. This class is for all artists, especially beginners, to help them learn how to draw what they see without stress.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to purchase or bring your own art supplies. All purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool and hardboard.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.