During this comprehensive workshop with a professional artist, you’ll learn how to employ intense observation and creative engagement to make plein air painting a deeply rewarding experience. As you study summer light on dramatic peaks in Tuolumne Meadows, you’ll use color and brushwork to respond quickly and decisively to dynamic conditions. The three-day workshop offers progressive, personalized instruction, plenty of practice time, and the unique opportunity to immerse in one of the world’s most remarkable landscapes. End the trip with a deeper appreciation for the natural world, a supercharged sense of creativity and new artwork for your portfolio.
Know Before You Go:
- Experience level: Intermediate to advanced. This workshop is for oil painters with previous experience with painting en plein air. This workshop is not suitable for beginner artists.
- When: Thursday, July 22 through Sunday, July 25.
- Where: Tuolumne Meadows.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Faith Rumm, park entry (as needed), and three nights of tent camping (July 22, 23, 24) at Tuolumne Meadows Campground.
- Please note: There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. No additional lodging options have been arranged for this program, but guests are welcome to find their own alternate accommodations if desired.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Please be prepared to bring your own supplies; we do not sell oil painting supplies.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.