Enjoy the beginning of the summer season in Yosemite with gifted pastel artist Tsungwei Moo, who will share her personal artistic perspective and encourage you to find your own unique style.
Use soft chalk pastels to capture the beauty of the summer landscape, creating Yosemite artwork to satisfy your artistic spirit. Let your imagination respond to the shifting light and shadows, as you learn the delights of pastel and the specific skills needed to complete a beautiful picture. At the end of a rewarding day, celebrate your artistic accomplishments, and bring your piece home as a special souvenir of your time in the park.
- Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. Park at Curry Village, and take the shuttle (shuttle stop #16). Workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am–2 pm, Monday–Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies, and plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Supply lists are sent to registered participants once payment is received. Additional supplies are available for purchase at Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. All purchases benefit the park! Materials available for use free of charge: field easel, field stool, hardboard, water containers and paper towels.
● Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.