Program Overview: Learn how to tread lightly while exploring the breathtaking wilderness. The Leave No Trace (LNT) principle guides individuals of all ages on responsible outdoor recreation, safeguarding the enduring wellness of our environment. Embark on a memorable one-night backpacking adventure to Alder Creek, nestled within Yosemite National Park. While journeying through this captivating terrain, engage in enlightening discussions and share insights on LNT methodologies, including trip planning, cooking, waste disposal, and beyond. Upon completion, participants will earn the designation of certified Leave No Trace trainers, poised to exemplify the finest practices and educate others on low-impact outdoor values.
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Friday, May 10 starting at 10am through Saturday, May 11 ending around 4 pm.
- Program location: Alder Creek
- What’s included: A one night backpack trip guided by a Leave No Trace Master Educator, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates:Participants can arrive on May 9 after 12pm and will depart May 10. You must completely clear out of the campsite while on the backpacking trip. Participants have the option to return to the campground May 11 and depart May 12 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Wawona
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.