Express what you love about Yosemite through art! In this day of sketching and painting in the park, you’ll enjoy stunning views of Yosemite Valley while learning basic techniques that will help you on your artistic path.
This class offers an introduction to basic art techniques you can pick up and take with you on any outdoor adventure. Your instructor, artist Danielle Jolette, will go over a few simple techniques to create illustrations quickly in the field, using materials that are compact and easy to fit in your day pack. No matter how much art experience you have, you’ll find the skills and techniques featured in this workshop easy to implement and a valuable addition to your artistic tool kit.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a supply kit for $15, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.