Program Overview: The Leave No Trace (LNT) principles encourages everyone to enjoy the outdoors responsibly and ensure the long-term health of the environment wherever you go, whether you’re picnicking in a city park or backpacking in the mountains. During this two-day frontcountry LNT Trainer Course with an LNT master educator, you’ll hike in Yosemite Valley while learning how to minimize the unintended impacts humans can have on outdoor spaces. Discuss and share LNT practices for planning outdoor activities, hiking, cooking outside, cleaning up a campsite, and more.
You’ll have the opportunity to earn your LNT Trainer certification, which qualifies you to lead LNT awareness workshops and educate others about best practices for minimum-footprint outdoor experiences.
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Friday, Oct 20 through Saturday, Oct 21 9am-4pm each day
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: Two full days of instruction by a Leave No Trace Master Educator, one free day to enjoy the park on your own, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on Oct 19 after 12pm and depart Oct 23 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Experience level: All levels welcome, must be physically fit to walk at elevation with a backpack.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.