Program Overview: Deepen your connection to Yosemite by donating your time and talents to help the park. During this Stewardship weekend, you will donate your time working on a stewardship project for the National Park Service on your first day, then enjoy a naturalist led hike the following day.
Projects have varying fitness levels and often requiring physically demanding work. We will update the website with the project description at a later date. Different options include working with the Trails Crew or Vegetation and Ecological Restoration branch of NPS.
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Friday, September 8 through Saturday, September 9, 9am-5pm
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: One full day working on a facilitated stewardship project with the National Park Service, one full day hike with a Yosemite Naturalist, one optional full day to enjoy the park on your own if you choose (Thursday, September 7), park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on September 6 after 12pm and depart September 10 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: N/A
- Experience level: All levels welcome, participants must be physically fit to walk at elevation with a backpack.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.