In this art workshop, you’ll learn basic drawing techniques and practice capturing nature on paper using nothing more than a sketchbook and a few colored pencils. Students will draw on a unique surface — double-sided frosted film — which can be attached to the inside of a sketchbook. The class will venture outside and students will collect natural specimens to capture in life-like detail while featuring Yosemite’s scenic background. Students will take home an unforgettable rendering of Yosemite by observing, drawing and coloring its grandiose landscapes and the treasures it holds.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to purchase or bring your own art supplies. All purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool and hardboard.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.