Art Retreat: Watercolor Painting with Pen and Ink
In this three-day immersive art workshop with artist Lindsey Fox, you’ll deepen your understanding of color and pattern and learn about the important role these two elements play in representing the Yosemite landscape. We will focus on the idea of play and abstraction to draw and paint Yosemite’s beauty. Your instructor will assist you in translating your own view of the park into unique works of art.
Students will be led to challenge their perceptions of what something “should” look like and enjoy a playful perspective on landscape painting. Workshop participants will collaborate and share, with ample opportunity to exchange ideas, practice techniques and learn from each other.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- When: June 15 through June 18
- Where: Yosemite Valley
- Hiking: The group will paint at different locations throughout the retreat; please be prepared to walk 1-3 miles/day, as not all locations will be accessible by car.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Lindsey Fox, park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping shared amongst participants June 15 – June 19 in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a tent cabin at Curry Village for an additional fee.
- There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Curry Village will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants in our group campsite; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
- Due to the shared nature of our group sites, we are unable to accommodate RVs or campers. If you desire a private campsite, have an RV/camper, or want to sleep in your car, you must arrange for your own camping reservation.