In this three-day immersive art workshop with artist Lindsey Fox, you’ll deepen your understanding of color and pattern and learn about the important role these two elements play in representing the Yosemite landscape. We will focus on the idea of play and abstraction to draw and paint Yosemite’s beauty. Your instructor will assist you in translating your own view of the park into unique works of art.
Students will be led to challenge their perceptions of what something “should” look like and enjoy a playful perspective on landscape painting. Workshop participants will collaborate and share, with ample opportunity to exchange ideas, practice techniques and learn from each other.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Program dates: June 27 through June 30
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: An evening meeting (June 27), three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Lindsey Fox (June 28 – June 30), park entry (as needed), and four nights of tent camping shared amongst participants June 27 – July 1 in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a tent cabin at Curry Village for an additional fee. There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on June 27 after 12pm and must depart July 1 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all retreat participants. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people and 2 cars per site, with overflow parking nearby. Please note:
- Camping is for retreat participants only. We are unable to accommodate friends and family of participants in our group campsite; lodging arrangements for friends and family are the responsibility of participants.
- Due to the shared nature of our group sites, we are unable to accommodate RVs or campers. If you desire a private campsite, have an RV/camper, or want to sleep in your car, you must arrange for your own reservation.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: Upgrade to Curry Village for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Information on upgrading accommodations will be included in your confirmation email upon registering.
- Experience level: Intermediate artists; must be physically fit to walk to painting locations with art supplies and essentials. Please be prepared to walk 1-3 miles/day, as not all locations will be accessible by car.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals